Do you have a bored Star Wars fan in the house? Help them turn their drink bottle into an awesome X-Wing Fighter with this free Star Wars craft download!
I created this printable download as a craft activity for a 6th birthday party. The kids loved it, and spent much time flying their drink bottles around the room. I subsequently took the printable page to an expo, and the pages all but flew off my desk. This printable certainly captured everyone’s imagination!
Depending upon the age of your kids, you may need to help them here and there. If you’re doing this craft for a party with lots of kids, I would recommend pre-cutting the shapes out, and possibly pre-rolling the black jets. That way you won’t get bogged down helping everyone with these processes during the party.
- Empty plastic drink bottle (or you could use a toilet roll)
- Strip of white paper sized to wrap around bottle
- Printed pieces
- 1 pipe cleaner, cut into 4 pieces, fo rthe guns
- Sticky tape, double sided tape or glue
- Print and cut all your pieces
- Tape white paper around the body of the bottle or toilet roll
- Stick a red strip to each side, and a yellow strip along the top, with the narrow end at the mouth of the bottle
- Stick the black cabin on top
- Roll up the four black wing barrels and stick closed
- Stick a piece of pipe cleaner to the red part of each wing end
- Fold your x-wings in half, and stick a black barrel to the top and bottom of each wing, at the edge of the fold
- Stick the wings to the body of your fighter, at the bottom of the bottle
- Add a straw and drink!
Looking for more Star Wars party ideas?